I dislike labels. That’s just something I’ve never been able to bring myself to embrace. You will never hear me refer to myself on this site as a Baptist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Calvinist, Armenian, Republican, Democrat, or Libertarian. There are only a few exceptions to this rule. One of them is that I am a Christian.
This does not in the least mean that I don’t have views that align me more or less closely to particularly labeled groups. I do indeed! However, I desire to only name the name of Christ and I find it more accurate, and less aggravating for me personally to tell people exactly what I believe, and then let them categorize me into a certain group if they so desire. Enough said.
1. The Lord my God is the only living and true God.
2. God alone is sovereign, infallible, and all-sufficient.
3. The Holy Scriptures are God’s written word to humans, and that they were written by certain men through the divine inspiration of God.
4. Although God created humans perfect, the first man and woman disobeyed God and now sin is imputed to the entire human race. Humans are now born with a nature to sin, or be disobedient, to God and His written word.
5. Humans can do nothing to save themselves but can only be saved from eternal separation from God by the atonement of Jesus Christ on the cross.
6. God freely offered salvation to sinners by Jesus Christ, requiring of them faith in Him, that they might be saved.
Note: This page is still a work in progress. There are many doctrines which I could list here for you, but I hope that you will see my beliefs as reflected in the periodic blog posts I make rather than reading them here. My intent is to inform, encourage, and uplift – not to write a treatise of my own personal doctrinal stances. If you have any specific questions concerning my beliefs, I’d be more than happy to answer them.